Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

This is truly my favorite time of year! And for my family it includes a great meal on Tuesday night, and then traveling to the Smoky Mountains on Thanksgiving Day. This is our 8th Thanksgiving together and probably our 17th trip to Gatlinburg.


Many people wonder why on earth we go to Gatlinburg every year. It is a highly commercialized area now, but there is just something special about the area to Marshall and I. There are some very unique restaurants that we frequent each time we go, and a great crafts community. One of these days, we keep saying we are going to make it out to Dollywood, probably not this year, but someday.

This year, I am very thankful, because it has been a very trying year, to say the least! We have had many trials, and many blessings this year.
  • Marshall FINALLY opened his own business (which could be a trial and blessing both!)
  • Mom finally came to visit, and we had a great time together

  • I was laid off from the travel agency due to the economy
  • I spent a week with one of my favorite people in the most wonder place in the world
  • I decided to apply to Grad School
  • I celebrated my 10 Year High School Reunion, and got to meet up with some great old friends, who I miss dearly, I wish more of them could have made it!


  • Got accepted to Grad School, and spent another fun (and very busy) week with my mom in Washington DC

  • I turned 29, which means I made it to the 5 year mark in remission, an accomplishement that 6 years ago seemed like it may never happen
  • Getting to spend over 10 days with my family in New Mexico, thanks to not having a job
When I list them all out like that, the good really does outweigh the bad, and that is why I am thankful!

I plan to use this blog to help me realize the good, in times when it seems the cloud does not have a silver lining. Hopefully, I will be able to realize what my true objectives are in life, so I can plan out the next chapter in both mine, and Marshall and I's lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment