Tuesday, April 20, 2010

One of my favorite places!

In anticipation of my internship with the Albuquerque Convention and Visitor's Bureau I will be writing about the cultural areas of one of my favorite places, New Mexico, starting with Albuquerque, moving through the metro area, and then throughout the state.

There are many well-known destinations in Albuquerque, I hope to shed light on why you should spend some time in the Duke City, and then head out from there, and experience what the Land of Enchantment has to offer.

On every trip home to Los Chavez, I make sure that I go visit Old Town. I love the shops, full of Southwestern and Native American items, but I really love the energy I feel walking around the plaza. I am not Catholic, but I studied about Catholic churches in my New Mexico History class I took one summer at UNM. I find the San Felipe de Neri Catholic church, located on the north side of the Old Town Plaza, to be one of the most beautiful.

San Felipe de Neri Catholic Church





1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh! gorgeous! perhaps i should visit-AFTER my visit with you and Monique of course. :)

    ReplyDelete