Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

It's funny how traditions get started. Early this morning, about 12:05AM, I got a call from my mom wondering why I hadn't called her yet. I HAD sent her a text, but I had completely forgotten about a tradition I started years ago.

The year was 1989, and while sitting in my Dad's den, something occurred to me. Although I had only just turned 8 in October, I realized that the next year (1990) I would turn 10! I turned to my mom, and said "Guess what? Next year I will be 10!" and a tradition was born. Every year since, I have called my mom at midnight wherever I was, and told her "Guess what? I will be [insert age] next year!" My little sister has been doing the same thing for years now, too.

A couple years ago, my mom asked me when I was going to be too old to keep calling her, so I asked if she wanted me to stop. I don't think she ever answered, but now I know. I think she looks forward to that call as much as I enjoy making it. So hello world, guess what? Next year I will be 33!

Happy 2012 to all! I hope it is a prosperous and wonderful year!


123tagged.Com

123Tagged.com - More New Year 2012 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment