Thursday, June 2, 2011

I Graduated! Now what?

I can't believe what I have been working towards for almost two years is now finished. I have a Master's degree. And while I don't have to work on school work anymore, things seem like business as usual. I guess once I receive the actual diploma I will feel like a graduate.

It's funny, once we finished our final presentation, several of my classmates said that it felt anti-climactic, and I would have to agree. Even though I put on the gown (a gown with funny sleeves, that made Marshall say I looked like a dementor from Harry Potter), marched in to Pomp and Circumstance, and bought all the obligatory GW Alumni items, I still don't quite feel it.

I have started looking and applying for jobs. Maybe that will give me the feeling I am looking for. While I do feel relieved and proud of myself, there is just something missing.

Has anyone else felt this way after completing something to which you set your mind? Oh well, I guess time will tell.


No comments:

Post a Comment