Thursday, December 23, 2010

2 Days Until Christmas!

I spent today baking Christmas goodies. Apple pie, pumpkin pie, and sugar cookies. All day today while baking, it reminded me of my family. This is the first year that we are not flying home to New Mexico for Christmas. This is sad and happy all at the same time.

It is sad because I will not be seeing my brothers, sister, or parents. It is happy because I get to experience a true Georgia Christmas with Marshall. Marshall's son is even joining us for Christmas Eve dinner. I am happy to not have to be traveling with people who do not seem to be happy to visiting their families (because we all know there are rarely happy people traveling around the holidays).

Family is the reason for the season, too. Getting together and reliving memories and traditions is what Christmas should truly be about. Taking time to appreciate those around you, and remind them how much they are loved!

Merry Christmas to you and yours! Remember that we love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment