Monday, December 20, 2010

5 Days Until Christmas!

Christmas is a time for giving, and I love to give! My grandma and my mother instilled in me a need to buy gifts for everyone, and start my shopping early. I am not like some people who will hit the mall the day after Christmas to stock up on season leftovers at great prices (except for Christmas cards and gift wrap, those sales are GREAT!). I like to do my shopping while I am traveling. That way I am ensuring that I am buying gifts for my family and friends that they could not get from just anywhere. I also try my best to buy QUALITY gifts over QUANTITY gifts. Some people (like my sister) are just way too easy to shop for, and I find myself needing reminding that I have already bought said person MANY things (or this year, that I did not drawn their name, and had already bought them tons!).

With giving comes receiving, and lets be honest, everyone likes to GET gifts. But for me, it really is about the giving. I put a lot of thought into what I buy for people. (Except when I am walking through a store and something jumps out and says "You know exactly who I am perfect for!" But in all honesty, those gifts are reserved for those who are really easy to shop for.) When I know I am headed somewhere in particular, I make a list of who I need gifts for, what they like, and what I can probably find. Going to Orlando, and Walt Disney World, is a prime example. There are usually certain things, that certain people, would like, and I know I can find a Disney version. I love shopping for my neice at Disney World, because even if I can possibly find something similar at a cheaper price, I know that what I am buying is quality, and will hopefully bring a smile to her face, the way shopping for her brings a smile to mine. I also have a nephew on the way, and I am excited to shop for him too.

So while "Jesus is the reason for the season," I remember that Jesus was God's gift to all of us, and I try to spread cheer, happiness and love by giving gifts from my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment