Sunday, December 19, 2010

6 Days Until Christmas!

Baking Christmas cookies has been a favorite tradition of mine as long as I can remember. It's funny, even to this day, I get so excited to bake cookies, but halfway through, I forget why I was excited in the first place!

Today I made chocolate chip cookies for Marshall to give to his best customers (and a few that will go to my friends as well). I made a double batch, which is A LOT of dough. I have also discovered that while making the dough in my Kitchenaid mixer is great, it is better to just use the mixer for creaming the butter, sugar, and eggs, and then mix the butter mixture with the flour mixture by hand. Sometimes I want to becoming a professional baker just to get the upper body strength they must have from mixing and whipping!





Later this week I will make sugar cookies, and I am really excited to make snowflake cutouts! A few years back I tried drawing snowflakes in white icing on round cookies with light blue icing. Instead of snowflakes they looked more like Hanukka cookies! :) I found snowflake cookie cutters at a kitchen store in Savannah when mom was visiting, and mom gave me a couple more snowflake cutters, so I have lots of options!

No comments:

Post a Comment