Friday, December 31, 2010

A Year In Review: 2010

With the continuing declining economy, many people have felt that 2010 was not a very good year. I was one of these people. While I am not exactly unemployed, I am definitely "under" employed. The declining economy has affected the construction industry, which affects Marshall's business, the same can be said for the travel industry, and businesses with which I work.

However, with further reflection, I realized that 2010 has actually been a pretty good year for me. I was able to travel A LOT, spend time with family and friends, learn a lot more about the industry that I love and hope to be a part of, and I learned more about my self.

  • I was able to make three trips to Orlando in 2010, and spend time with my best friend, reconnect with sorority sisters at Sigma Kappa's National Convention, and get to experience the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
  • I visited my brother, sister-in-law, and neice in Nebraska, and had an awesome time reconnecting with my brother, visiting Bass Pro Shops, Cabelas, and playing  A LOT of games on the Wii (who would have known that I could kick my bro's butt in Bowling and Frisbee Golf?).
  • I was granted the opportunity to intern with the Albuquerque Convention and Visitors Burea, analyzing culture and heritage. This allowed me to spend over six weeks with my family in NM, including a trip to my other brother's house, where I got to meet his AWESOME girlfriend. Lots of fun was had during those weeks.
  • Marshall came to NM at the end of my time there and we traveled to Southern NM, visiting White Sands National Monument and Carlsbad Caverns. We also later took a trip to Las Vegas for my 30th birthday, and Halloween.
  • I received a $1000 scholarship from Tourism Cares for the Fall semester, and as a scholarship recipient I was given the opportunity to travel to Montreal, Quebec for the National Tour Association Convention. This was truly an experience I will never forget, and the highlight for me, was volunteering at the St Joseph's Oratory.

  • This past year I also started blogging about my experience as a cancer patient and cancer survivor. This has been very difficult, and very rewarding. I hope that my story can help other patients and survivors make it through a difficult time.
This past year has been very good to me and my family, and I hoping that 2011 is even better! Happy New Year to all!


No comments:

Post a Comment