Thursday, December 16, 2010

9 Days Until Christmas!

I wrote about traditions yesterday, and mentioned my mom's village. I wanted to make today's post a more in depth look at the Village.

My mom started her collections in the mid 1990s, I believe. There was an awesome store in Northeast Albuquerque called Chezems. They sold everything Christmas and collectibles. Over the years, my mom's Village has grown from fitting on small table, to overgrowing the 4X8 plywood table my dad made specifically for it.

Marshall took some "glamour" shots a while back. And even these really don't do the Village justice. Not too mention the Village is even bigger than this now!







Putting the Village together was always a fun and frustrating event. Mom would set the peices out, and for days (and sometimes weeks) after we would each go in and rearrange the pieces and add accessories. My absolute favorite pieces are the camper trailer pulled by the station wagon.

Department 56 "On The Road Again"

No comments:

Post a Comment