Saturday, December 18, 2010

7 Days Until Christmas!

Its funny, sometimes when I think back on holiday memories, it seems like certain things happened every year. But it could just be fond memories of a singular event. Driving through Albuquerque and looking at Christmas lights is one such event (or maybe it really was a tradition).

I remember being really young (my brothers were probably still babies), and piling into my grandparents conversion van to go look at lights. We had hot chocolate, and I seem to remember my grandma, Bam's guacamole (again, I could be confusing memories!).

I still look back on that trip (or maybe it was several trips) to go look at lights as a family as a memory I will always cherish. I hope to someday bundle my own children up, and drive around looking at the Clark Griswold-wannabes, and creating memories that they will cherish for a lifetime as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment